As your children grow, there is one undeniable advantage when it comes to travel: you will have significantly less gear to beg, borrow, or schlep on your family adventures. But when it came to kissing goodbye our final trusty travel stroller last year, it was with not just a little tear of sadness in my eye. That stroller (like its predecessors) served us very well on numerous occasions, but perhaps never so obviously as on our most recent visit to Paris.
If you are lucky enough to be headed to Paris and your child is still young enough to use the stroller–at least sometimes, here are seven reasons you’ll likely be very glad to have a stroller with you:
- Skip the entrance line at the Louvre (in high season, that alone could be worth it!).
- Skip the line–and the main stairs–at the Arc de Triomphe.
- Avoid coat check fees by stuffing your jackets beneath your stroller.
- Enjoy a handy place to stuff those souvenirs and take-out goodies for your picnics.
- Spend more time on your feet in museums, without the extra weight of your baby on them.
- Let your jet-lagged toddler take a snooze without taking a toll on your back.
- Keep your toddler or preschooler safe from toddling out into harm’s way while you gawk at (understandably) and photograph Parisian landmarks.
Tip: If you’ll only need the stroller while visiting Paris, consider renting a stroller in Paris from one of the agencies listed here. And for the best go-anywhere travel strollers, see my recommendations of the best lightweight strollers for travel.
For more tips on visiting Paris with a baby, toddler, or little kid–including how to get around Paris with a stroller, be sure to see these related posts:
France – Tips for using the Paris Metro with a stroller… if you must
France – Tips for riding Paris buses with a stroller
France – Paris with Kids: Why and how to get the Paris Museum Pass
France – Paris with Kids: Make a Post-Louvre pitstop at this playground in the Tuileries
France – Paris with Kids: Say bonjour to the Parc de Jeux at Jardin du Luxembourg
France – My recommended Paris Airport Shuttle providing car seats and boosters
France – Best use of airline miles to get from San Francisco to Paris with baby?
France – Montmartre Carousel, Paris
France – Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby
France – Paris: 5 Best with Children Under 5
France – Best baby-friendly cafe in Paris
France – Finding diapers in France
France – Tips for juggling toddler naps while visiting Paris
France – The captivating carousels of Paris (with some free in December)
France – Five favorite books for a Paris family vacation (Family Travel 411)
Recently posted to Family Travel 411: The 411 on Brussels with Kids
Shelly Rivoli, author of the award-winning Travels with Baby guidebooks
Twitter Facebook Travels with Baby on Facebook Pinterest
Curious about this content? See my editorial content disclosure.