Got your to-do list and checking it twice? Gearing up for holiday travel with with babies and children under 5 can seem especially daunting–but I’ve got your back!
This is not just a Top Ten list of holiday travel tips, mind you, this is a collection of some of the best holiday travel tips and advice features presented over the past few years. So grab your coffee and get ready to feel READY for your family’s upcoming holiday travels.
1. Use the Ultimate Holiday Travel with Kids Checklist as you count down to travel!
2. Watch Childproofing for holiday travel.
3. Read Three tips for happier Thanksgiving (and holiday) vacations with a baby or toddler
4. Use these Tips to help protect your baby from cold & flu during winter travel.
5. Read Important tips to keep kids safe from accidental ingestion of medications during travel.
6. Before flying, 3-1-1 your child’s travel kit for the carry-on bag.
7. Before driving, revisit the Roadtrip Emergency Checklist.
8. Flying? Don’t forget these Three ways to keep your toddler from kicking the airplane seat.
9. Driving? Remember these Three favorite pit stops for a family road trip in crummy weather.
10. Make sure your Take-Along Travels with Baby pocket guide is in your glove box or diaper bag (or Kindle or Nook!).
Also, if you’ll be holiday guests in someone else’s home, be sure to read “Staying Safe and Sane with Friends and Family” in Chapter 3 of Travels with Baby: The Ultimate Guide for Planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler.
For more help preparing for your family’s trip, follow these links to travel tips on Flying with Babies and Toddlers, Road Trips with Babies and Toddlers (and travel with car seats), and other FAQs and Popular topics for traveling with babies and young children.
Have you subscribed to Travels with Baby Tips?
More tips and advice are on the way! For help for planning travel of every kind–with babies and children of every temperament–in Travels with Baby: The Ultimate Guide for Planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler.
Have you seen the latest features at our sister site, Family Travel 411?
The Best Travel Purse I’ve Found for Travel with a DSLR Camera
The 411 on San Miguel de Allende with Kids
The 411 on County Cork with Kids
The 411 on Dallas-Fort Worth with Kids
Shelly Rivoli, author of the award-winning Travels with Baby and Take-Along Travels with Baby guidebooks
Twitter Facebook Travels with Baby on Facebook Pinterest
Curious about this content? See my editorial content disclosure.