That’s us on one of our road trips last summer, returning from the Pacific Northwest through the magestic redwoods you may encounter along northern Hwy 101. As part of our final day of driving, I insisted we close out the road trip with a drive through the famous “Chandelier Tree,” which my kids were very excited about. (Don’t tell the middle kid she actually slept through it – she’s convinced she remembers it quite vividly!)
Only 2 weeks later we were southbound to L.A. on quite a different journey. Perhaps that’s why I’m having trouble planning our upcoming road trip for this summer? It will be hard to top last year’s adventures, and I’m not sure I could handle it if we did! 😉
Are you gearing up for a summer road trip? Where will your family drive this summer?
If you’re planning to drive around California, Oregon, Washington, or Vancouver, be sure to check out my destination tips and advice page for recommendations of great places to stop, stay, and play along the way. And of course, don’t overlook the online tips and advice for road trips with babies and young children.
Related posts and pages:
- Five ways my Take-Along Travels with Baby will help on this next road trip
- “Tree House” at Humbolt Redwoods State Park on the Avenue of Giants
- Anderson River Park: Great pit stop for family road trips on I-5
- Driving loop for north central SF – Golden Gate Bridge, Park, Beaches & More
- See more in destinations…
This post is part of Photo Friday at DeliciousBaby.com.