When I returned from our recent stay at Franklyn D Resort & Spa in Jamaica, all I could think about was how much I wished I could give that incredibly relaxing gift… an all-inclusive vacation complete with a professional Vacation Nanny… to every one of my readers who is juggling life with a little one (or two, or three…) and could really use a vacation.
Well, I can’t give it away to everyone who’s read Travels with Baby and follows this blog (a thousand blessings on your heads)… but I am thrilled to say that one lucky reader is going to win a 3-night, all-inclusive vacation in Jamaica for a family of 4, complete with a personal Vacation Nanny!
The very generous people at FDR Holidays are sponsoring this all-inclusive stay for a family of 4, including 2 adults and 2 children under 16 years, which you can use at your choice of either of their Jamaican all-inclusive resorts: Franklyn D. Resort & Spa on Runaway Bay or FDR Pebbles at Falmouth (both are 2009 TripAdvisor.com Traveler’s Choice Award winners!).
Transportation to and from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ), all meals in all resort restaurants, drinks, cocktails, ice cream, entertainment, kayaks, snorkel gear, scuba trips, waterslide, and extra snacks and refreshments in your refrigerator are included, as is the daily service of your professional Vacation Nanny to help make sure that when you get home from this family vacation—you feel like you’ve had a vacation!
To enter to win:
Add a comment below this blog post stating how having an FDR Vacation Nanny would improve your next family vacation by 11:59 p.m., Tuesday January 5, 2010. Please note: This is open to Travels with Baby blog subscribers only, so if you haven’t already subscribed, just enter your verifiable email address in the spam-free subscribe box above (I do not share or sell email addresses). A handful of restrictions apply, so check below for details.* Prize must be claimed within 3 days.
Overwhelmed by the possibilities? I’ve got a few great ways our Vacation Nannies helped us on our trip listed below—and don’t miss my Vacation Nanny 411 post and video (or the Franklyn D. Resort & Spa review and video) for more inspiration!
Up your odds with additional entries:
You can get up to 2 additional entries for this contest (only 1 entry per method, please). Here’s how:
1. Twitter – Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter, including a link to this blog post http://tinyurl.com/yl5ufn3 and my twitter handle @travelswithbaby, then leave an additional comment below with your twitter handle.
2. Facebook – Visit the Travels with Baby page on Facebook and become a fan if you haven’t already, then write your reason for wanting this vacation on the Travels with Baby wall. After that, leave an additional comment below telling me you’ve done that, too.
Five Great Ways to Vacation with Your Vacation Nanny:
1. Relax at the pool and beach. For real.
Your Vacation Nanny will keep a watchful eye on your child near or in the pool while you close your own, happy to recline on the lounge as they play, working on that Caribbean glow and catching up on the past two years of insufficient sleep. Later, let your Vacation Nanny take your child to the beach beside the Grill, which becomes “Nanny Central” during afternoons while toddlers and small children amass for a grand playdate. Your tot will romp on the sand, splash in the sheltered cove, and enjoy the shaded toddler play equipment right on the beach under the supervision of your nanny. Meanwhile you slip out in a sea kayak (or slip off for a long-overdue pedicure).
2. Make it a date.
Have your Vacation Nanny take your kids to the early Kidz Buffet and evening children’s activities afterward, while you enjoy a late-day dip in the adults-only Jacuzzi perched by the sea, and ready yourself for a relaxing dinner with—who’s that? Ah, yes, the love of your life.
3. Enjoy breakfast (for a change).
Our West Coast jetlag was no problem when I realized I could simply have our Vacation Nannies join us for breakfast. For the first time in years, I was able to eat my entire breakfast without standing up, while the nannies helped feed all three of the children, ran back to the room for anything we’d forgotten, or took the fussing baby out for a stroll when he grew too tired to enjoy our conversations.
4. Climb Dunn’s River Falls.
Leave your little one having fun at the resort, or bring him and your nanny with you (an excellent option for breastfeeding moms who can have a tough time getting away)! Vacation Nannies get a discounted admission ($8) and free transportation from the resort to this world-famous spectacle, where they can carry your baby or walk with your toddler up the trail beside as you brave the falls. Tip: Give her your camera and let her snap some shots as you climb!
5. Do Dolphin Cove. Let her help mind your little ones as you swim with a dolphin and help keep track of your daypack and gear as you assist your toddler or preschooler in exploring the (barbless) stingray cove with snorkels. FDR’s Vacation Nannies are admitted free to this popular family attraction and you’ll be glad to buy yours lunch and make a leisurely trip of it (Tip: combine it with your visit to Dunn’s River Falls, just 3 minutes away).
Shelly Rivoli, author of the award-winning guide Travels with Baby
The Ultimate Guide for Planning Trips with Babies, Toddlers, and Preschool-Age Children
travelswithbaby.com facebook twitter
* Winner receives a 3 night/4 day stay for a family of 2 adults/2 kids under 16 years. Vacation is land only, not inclusive of air. Vacation expires 1 year from date of issue. To make reservations, please call our Reservations Department at (876) 973-4882-4 within three weeks of your preferred date of arrival. Keep in mind that your trip is based on space availability at the time of your request and blackout periods are applicable. Blackout dates are: 2/14/2010 through 2/21/2010; 3/28/2010 through 4/11/2010, 7/29/2010 through 8/7/2010, and five (5) days before and after a major USA or Jamaican holiday.